Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Solidarity



I used to have more of a 'fight in this dog' than I do now, working in the film industry and thus impacted financially by any labor actions that might occur.
At the time, I was not particularily content to accept the fraternal dictums proffered to provide cover for unenlightened selfishness - However, I liked and respected most of the people that I worked with and for.

But even if I were still so employed, there are some basic truths that need to be respected...Concepts like fairness, creative control, and the increasingly egregious concentration of vast power in the hands of a few.

In the words of one who knows...

1 comment:

Fran said...

What a great post and such great video examples.

We have such screwed up ideas and notions about money and labor in this country.

Very screwed up indeed.

Since the US worships not Jesus but Wealth, no matter what the right says, none of this should come as a surprise.

In the name of the Rich Father, the Richer Son and the Holy Hedge Fund.