Friday, November 23, 2007

CanCon Friday - The Stampeders



And today, a Canadian act that some Americans might be familiar with due to their hitmaking ways:
Kim Berly, Ronnie King, and Rich Dodson - The Stampeders.

These guys were huge north of the 49th in the early 1970's, and their song Sweet City Woman went to the Top Ten stateside in 1971.
After calling it quits for a while, they reunited in the '90's and occasionally tour today.

Bonus: If you look closely at the video for Sweet City Woman, you might see a much younger version of myself...I was in the parade and the grandstand that long ago day - Ah, the innocence of prairie youth.

;>)

2 comments:

Phil said...

Oh yeah, even I recognize that one.
Tell you what, that is still a good tune.
Can't say as I recognized you in the crowd though, my eyes aren't what they used to be.
;)

Unknown said...

Those were the dayz..the hair, the beards..ah, I do miss them.

But then I wake up and realize that it was only better because I didn't know then what I know now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane DB.