Thursday, January 03, 2008

CanCon Friday - Voivod



Thinking person's metal from the snow-swept wastes of Quebec, forming in 1982 and continuing until the present day, in spite of guitarist Denis D'Amour's untimely passing in 2005.
Certainly not as fortunate in the realms of popular success as some of their compatriots in hard music, yet they remain highly regarded and influential.

A notable addition to personnel in recent years has been Jason Newsted, formerly of some minor band of drunken no-hopers from the Bay Area, forever doomed to obscurity.

;>)

4 comments:

Phil said...

Cool.
That tune reminds me of a metalized Moody Blues.
Now I know where Newsted wound up too.
I just might have to look into this more.
; )

darkblack said...

They're certainly worth a look, Busted...Although after the next post-D'Amour release (supposedly done with posthumous tracking) they may be no more.

Phil said...

DOH!
I knew that tune sounded familiar!

I guess you were being nice by not kicking me under the table and reminding me it was Pink Floyd.
Astronomy Domine.
Now that I am lounging around and have had time to check this out more.
Thanks DB.

darkblack said...

Pink...Blue - It's all a blur of color to me, Busted.

;>)